A Look at the Health Coaching Landscape in South Africa
A Focus on the Business Side of Health Coaching
Potential Business Opportunities for Health Coaches in South Africa
Di-Di Hoffman Notable Quotes
“The lifestyle business model is basically putting your own lifestyle as one of the first jobs that your business must do for you.”
– Di-Di Hoffman
Health coaching is starting to become more and more known across the world, which is a positive step into leading everyone back into good health. That said, there are still a handful of universal challenges that many of us health coaches across the world need to overcome.
In this episode of Health Coach Academy, we’re talking to Di-Di Hoffman, health coach, entrepreneur, and entrepreneurial coach, to share with us his journey and experiences as a wellness entrepreneur in South Africa as well as give us impactful insights on potential health coaching business opportunities in South Africa.
Di-Di Hoffman – LinkedIn
In this Episode of Health Coach Academy
- Omar introduces the episode’s guest, Di-Di Hoffman (00:56)
- Di-Di Hoffman’s journey into health coaching and his experiences with health coaching in South Africa (03:24)
- Medical doctor to traditional healer ratio (05:20)
- Traditional healers dealing with Covid (06:20)
- How payments work in the wellness landscape in South Africa (08:13)
- How the health coaching landscape looks like in South Africa (10:06)
- The business aspect of health coaching (14:10)
- Is a health coaching business any different from any other business? (16:06)
- Health coaching is a lifestyle business model (17:42)
- Focus on your entrepreneurial skills first (19:33)
- One of the biggest problems in South Africa (25:20)
- An oath to poverty; an excuse (26:36)
- Unable to translate the learnings into the business (28:52)
- Are health coaches too new in South Africa? (30:07)
- An interesting case study on why health coaches bring in real results (32:52)
- Do American health coaches have a place in South Africa? (35:33)
- Where to find and keep up with Di-Di Hoffman (38:08)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to iTunes for more episodes!