Glutathione: The Mother of All Antioxidants
The Role Glutathione Plays in Our Bodies
When to Take vs. When Not to Take Glutathione
“At the end of the day, patients, you are in the driver’s seat. You got to take [your] health in your own hands, and you got to do things that’s right for you. We’re just advisors, or we’re just educators to the patients, letting them know what needs to be done correctly.”
– Dr. Nayan Patel
On the show, we talk about countless supplements, substances, and antioxidants that help us take back our health, and one antioxidant that we’ve mentioned a few times on the show but never really dove too in-depth into is glutathione. We know that’s it’s good for us and that it helps with the detoxification process in our bodies, but how exactly does glutathione accomplish that and what else does it do?
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to glutathione expert Dr. Nayan Patel to walk us through what exactly is glutathione, what it does, and how we can reap the maximum benefits from it. Dr. Nayan Patel is the founder of Auro Wellness, as well as an internationally recognized consultant and lecturer on all things glutathione.
The Glutathione Revolution: Fight Disease, Slow Aging, and Increase Energy with the Master Antioxidant by Nayan Patel, Pharm. D.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Dr. Nayan Patel (01:00)
- Nayan Patel and his work on glutathione (03:07)
- Glutathione and the role it plays in our metabolism (04:16)
- Glutathione: the mother of all antioxidants (05:08)
- Where does glutathione come from and why is it so crucial? (06:03)
- Needs go up, but production goes down (07:35)
- The body cannot break down glutathione as is (08:50)
- Making glutathione more easily metabolized in the body (10:05)
- Skipping the liver straight into the blood stream through the skin (10:49)
- Glutathione bypassing the gut and the liver (11:11)
- How to naturally increase glutathione in our bodies (12:07)
- Nayan Patel’s thoughts on glycine, n-acetylcysteine (14:34)
- The theory of longevity and aging (15:47)
- Direct sunlight is both good and bad (18:56)
- Glutathione and interactions with other vitamins (20:23)
- The chemistry of glutathione (21:38)
- Recognizing the need to supplement with glutathione (22:35)
- How taking glutathione supplements make you feel (25:16)
- What glutathione does for weight loss (30:54)
- The science and technology behind glutathione skin patches (34:03)
- Where to find and keep up with Dr. Nayan Patel’s work (37:30)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!