The Wonders of Balanced Blood Sugar Levels
What Causes Blood Sugar Imbalance?
Mitigating the Devastating Effects of Consistently High Blood Sugar Levels
“Your body has the ability to heal. Your body has the ability to really take back its own healing ability as opposed to just going, ‘oh, I need enough drugs, I need enough surgery, I need enough blood sugar shots and all these supplements and all these different things. I need enough of that.’ That’s an outside-in philosophy. Healing is an inside-out—and that’s not even philosophy. That’s just how it works.”
– Dr. Ben Galyardt
Taking a look at our blood sugar can tell us a lot about how our bodies are faring. Are we insulin sensitive enough that we’re metabolizing our sugars properly? Are there certain types of food that puts our blood sugar levels out of whack and puts us in an inflammatory state? What does it mean for us and our health if our blood sugar levels are consistently high?
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re be answering all those questions with the help of the Founder and CEO of F8 Well Center, Dr. Ben Galyardt. Also the mind that created the Galyardt Method, Dr. Ben is also a world-recognized speaker in Neurofeedback and Brain Regeneration.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Dr. Ben Galyardt (00:48)
- Ben Galyardt: who he is and what he does (02:24)
- Healing is an inside-out process (05:26)
- Turning around Dr. Ben Galyardt’s mother’s health (07:58)
- Why balancing blood sugar is the key to optimum health (09:51)
- What causes blood sugar imbalance issues? (13:18)
- Heat can also raise blood sugar (17:30)
- Stress can also increase blood sugar levels (18:16)
- How does high blood sugar levels impact our health? (19:07)
- How long does it take before we see the effects of stable blood sugar levels (22:37)
- Type 2 Diabetes is not a disease (23:45)
- The devastating effects of chronically high blood sugar levels (25:00)
- Ozempic (semaglutide): what is it and what does it do? (29:04)
- Concerns about the drug (31:12)
- The first step to take to get rid of inflammation and lower blood sugar levels (33:15)
- Where to find Dr. Ben Galyardt and keep up with his work (37:08)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!