Can Health Coaching Be Covered By Insurance?
Health Insurance covers Health Coaching?
Dr. Sandra Scheinbaum Notable Quotes
“A coach is your health advocate. A coach will be your cheerleader, will help you change when change is hard.”
– Dr. Sandi Scheinbaum
As health coaches, we’ve got a lot waiting for us on the horizon—and it’s not just the demand for our services. For instance, imagine having your coaching services covered by insurance. Sure, it may put a cap on what you can charge, but just think about the multitude of people who suddenly have access to you and your services! No doubt about it, it opens a ton of new doors not just for you, but also for your potential clients.
In this episode of Health Coach Academy, we’re talking to Dr. Sandi Scheinbaum, CEO and co-founder of the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, to talk about all the great opportunities for health coaches.
Functional Medicine Coaching – Website | Facebook | Instagram
In this Episode of Health Coach Academy
- Omar introduces the episode’s guest, Dr. Sandi Scheinbaum (00:58)
- Sandi Scheinbaum and the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy (03:08)
- Articulating what a health coach is and what they do (06:15)
- What a coach is to their clients (07:35)
- Health coaches finally coming out of the shadows (08:24)
- The shift in the medical and coaching landscape: going in groups (08:40)
- Insurance coverage in group medical visits (11:38)
- Gamechangers: Category 3 CPT Codes and which coaches can use them (14:05)
- How to tell if your school is nationally approved and recognized (16:50)
- The board exam is not a deal breaker (19:15)
- Charging out of pocket vs. charging under health insurance (20:58)
- Amazon and Fitbit are looking to hire health coaches (24:04)
- More opportunities on the horizon for health coaches (25:44)
- The most important skillset that newly graduated health coaches need to develop (29:45)
- Business skills health coaches need to focus on (33:12)
- The health coach market is not At all. (35:15)
- Health coaches are needed now, more than ever (35:50)
- Where to keep up with what Dr. Sandi is doing (38:34)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to iTunes for more episodes!