Optimizing Health with the Right Kind of Magnesium
How to Accurately Test for Magnesium Levels
What Can We Do to Correct Magnesium Deficiency?
Kristen Bowen Notable Quotes
“I’m always talking about magnesium so that people understand [that] when we go straight to vitamin D, we’re plugging the issue with a band-aid. We need to go where that problem started, and that’s with low magnesium because magnesium is what converts your stored vitamin D to your active vitamin D.”
– Kristen Bowen
“Many of us are walking around with 75% of our lights turned off, and we’re just surviving. We’re waking up just to get through the day…let’s get those lights turned back on, and magnesium cell saturation is what turns them back on. And that doesn’t happen through just taking a pill. You cannot get to cell saturation through just taking a pill. That happens through soaking in sea brine and magnesium from the cleanest source that hasn’t been watered down.”
– Kristen Bowen
In the long list of deficiencies we have in this day and age, one crucial mineral is often overlooked—and that’s magnesium. What many of us don’t know is that magnesium is what sparks and fuels many of our bodily functions, and a deficiency of it can greatly affect our overall health without us being none the wiser.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to the founder of Living the Good Life Naturally, Kristen Bowen to talk about the major role that magnesium plays in maintaining our health, and what we can do to offset a deficiency in magnesium.
Living the Good Life Naturally – Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Kristen Bowen (00:42)
- Kristen Bowen, her health journey, and her interest in magnesium (02:08)
- Tanking vitamin D and tanking magnesium (04:48)
- Signs and symptoms of magnesium deficiency (07:48)
- Turning the lights back on with magnesium (09:25)
- Magnesium deficiency along with other deficiencies (11:43)
- Where is magnesium coming from? (14:10)
- Testing to check the amount of magnesium in the body (16:45)
- The best and most efficient way to absorb magnesium (21:28)
- The difference between Epsom salt baths and magnesium soaks (25:05)
- What is a magnesium burn rate and what factors affect it? (28:00)
- Getting started with magnesium soaks (33:27)
- Does it have to be a full body soak? (36:48)
- The role of magnesium in weight loss (41:20)
- Where to find Kristen Bowen and her magnesium products (42:41)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!