Covid Chronicles Part 2 with Dr. Robert Zembroski!
Keeping Your Health Intact in The Face of a Pandemic
Dr. Robert Zembroski Tells Us What We Can Do to Manage Stress
Dr. Robert Zembroski Notable Quotes
“The only control we have is the action we take ourselves.”
– Dr. Robert Zembroski
“A diagnosis is not your destiny.”
– Dr. Robert Zembroski
Covid isn’t going anywhere any time soon, and because of that, we’re doing a three-part series of Covid know-how and how to maintain your health with Dr. Robert Zembroski. This episode of This Podcast Burns Fat is the second installment of the three-part series.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Dr. Robert Zembroski (00:30)
- How the Covid pandemic wrecked our health and altered our body composition (02:36)
- The uncertainty that brings fear and anxiety (03:13)
- The stressors that contribute to depleting our health (04:51)
- Cortisol: immunosuppression, feel good food, and belly fat (07:00)
- Underlying conditions that make Covid worse includes weight gain (10:18)
- Suppressing what helps fight infections (12:18)
- Cortisol decreases brain sensitivity to leptin (15:07)
- Food with chemicals are endocrine disruptors (18:33)
- What is a leaky gut? (19:37)
- Leaky gut, weight gain, and obesity (22:22)
- Tips to minimize stress and keep it in check (23:05)
- Focus on things you can control (24:20)
- Learn to embrace the uncertainty (24:40)
- Change your perception of your stressors (unless it’s a physical stressor) (25:45)
- Be proactive about your health (27:50)
- The importance of exercise in maintaining health (30:35)
- Maintaining health during the pandemic (33:33)
- Simple nutrient deficiencies are just as damaging to our chromosomes as radiation (36:55)
- Researches say having enough muscle mass contributes to both health and longevity (39:05)
- Vitamin D deficiencies (40:30)
- The importance of getting enough sleep (46:50)
- Where to get in touch with Dr. Robert Zembroski (55:00)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!