Omega-3 & Omega-6: Essential or Inflammatory?
Oils Made with Health in Mind
Oils to Go For & Oils to Avoid
“If you’re going down because you’re not getting enough of a nutrient, an essential nutrient, before you die, you bring in enough back into the diet, all the problems that come from not getting enough are reversed because life knows how to build the body, as long as we take responsibility at our mouth to make sure that optimum quantities of all of the essential nutrients land in the body so that life can do its job.”
– Udo Erasmus
“More health problems come from damaged oils than any other part of nutrition, and more health benefits come from making the oil change that your body needs by dumping the damaged oils and replacing them with oils that are made with health in mind.”
– Udo Erasmus
The understanding of the nutritional role of fats has gone on a roller coaster ride for decades. Previously blamed for causing chronic diseases and obesity, fats are now recognized for their role in promoting optimal health—from hormonal balance to brain health, to better energy on the day-to-day.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to the mind behind Udo’s Choice line of products, Udo Erasmus, to walk us through his inspiring health journey, how and why he created Udo’s Choice line of health-promoting products, as well as the essential role fat plays in maintaining optimal health.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Udo Erasmus (01:11)
- How Udo Erasmus came into the world of fats and oils (03:43)
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids (08:51)
- Omega-6 and arachidonic acid (10:46)
- Damaged oils vs. oils made with health in mind (13:49)
- Where to get omega-6 oils into the diet (15:02)
- Striking the balance between omega-3 and omega-6 (16:50)
- Oils that we should definitely avoid (19:55)
- Oils that are decent at high temperatures: fact or fiction? (21:12)
- The root of the inability to convert plant-sourced ALA to DHA or EPA (22:15)
- Making oil with health in mind and starting with flax oil (28:00)
- 3 reasons why people become overweight (29:10)
- How much oil to use per body weight (32:28)
- Lowering carbohydrate intake (33:26)
- We are the high-fat animal on the planet (37:43)
- Where to find Udo’s Choice and keep up with Udo Erasmus’ works (41:33)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!