Get Published, Get Paid with Michelle Vandepas!
Michelle Vandepas on Why You Should Consider Becoming an Author
The Authority that Comes with Being A Published Author
Michelle Vandepas Notable Quotes
“If you self-publish and you don’t have the funds, you should still spend some money on some really good layout and design, a book cover, and good editing—those are the three places you really ought to put some cash to make sure that even if you self-publish, when your book’s out there, it represents you in such a way that it looks high-quality and you’re proud of it.”
– Michelle Vandepas
“The number one way to market is to figure out where your audience hangs out and market there.”
– Michelle Vandepas
There’s a sort of magic and some bit of authority that comes with being able to say, “I wrote a book.” As health coaches, many of us have a lot to say and have meaningful messages to share with our audience, and one way we could do that is by publishing a book. But what exactly goes behind writing and then publishing your own book?
In this episode of Health Coach Academy, we’re talking to author, publishing house co-owner, and book coach Michelle Vandepas to give us a little run-through on why we should consider writing our own books and the process that goes behind publishing our books.
In this Episode of Health Coach Academy
- Omar introduces the episode’s guest, Michelle Vandepas (01:08)
- Michelle Vandepas, books, and becoming a book writing coach (02:50)
- If everyone has a book in them, should everyone try to write a book? (04:12)
- The first thing Michelle looks for when dealing with clients (05:22)
- People’s intentions to write a book (07:10)
- The authority that comes with being an author (09:07)
- Pros and cons between traditional publishing and self-publishing (12:03)
- Kinds of publishing (12:40)
- People who should self-publish (14:21)
- Hybrid publishing (17:06)
- Choosing your publishing house and getting your book out there (17:40)
- The number one way to market (21:42)
- Making money off the book (22:28)
- Other benefits to becoming a published author (24:45)
- The secret to sending out books for free (25:20)
- Michelle Vandepas and TEDx (27:17)
- The opportunities that Michelle’s TEDx talk gave her (33:08)
- Where to find and get in touch with Michelle Vandepas (35:27)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to iTunes for more episodes!