How Daniel Daem Got Rid of Sugar
Emotional Attachment to Sugar and How to Let Go
Going Sugarless: The Lifestyle Change that We All Need
Danielle Daem Notable Quotes
“Emotions are a really, really important piece of being a human being. All the emotions, not just the joy and the happiness, but the heavy emotions as well. And when we can allow that energy to move in our body and flow through us, we can start disconnecting from those patterns of needing to reach for food every time we’re stressed, or every time we’re lonely, or every time we’re depressed.”
– Danielle Daem
If you’re a long-time listener of the show, you would know that sugar, sugar addiction, and quitting sugar is a topic near and dear to our hearts and that quitting sugar was how Lori and I started to take back control of our health. And if you’re someone who’s looking to take back control of your own health, then learning about what sugar does and how you can walk away from it are great first steps to take.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to holistic nutrition coach Danielle Daem to share with us her own accidental sugar detox journey and how that turned her life around. She also talks about the emotional connection to sugar and how we can take the first steps to disconnecting that attachment towards a healthier version of ourselves.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Danielle Daem (02:55)
- Danielle Daem and her sugar journey (05:27)
- Travelling and the lack of weight problems in locals (13:42)
- Understanding that sugar is a true addiction (15:30)
- How trauma plays a role in food dependence (18:22)
- Linking every single emotion to sugar (20:02)
- Growing up on sugar (23:02)
- What sugar does when it comes to weight gain (25:57)
- Moving past the emotional connection to food (29:42)
- Learning to feel (31:56)
- Learning the tools to process emotions (33:58)
- How important are habits? (35:48)
- Paying attention to the hidden sugars in the food you eat (38:30)
- Danielle Daem’s thoughts on fruit (42:38)
- Come at sugar from a place of love and choice and freedom (43:36)
- Where to find Danielle Daem and keep up with what she’s doing (46:44)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!