I honestly didn’t know how I was going to feel doing this show. I mean, who really wants to talk about death? It’s just so morbid! I know it’s something that we all want to avoid, but we do really have to give the process some thought. It is unavoidable and needs to be dealt with to preserve the sanity of everyone we leave behind. The last thing we want to leave our grieving loved ones with is wondering what we wanted and how to pay for all of the services.
So to help us out with this topic, I was lucky to find Holley Kelley and her awesome book about end-of-life decision making Sunrises and Sunsets, Final Affairs Forged with Flair, Finesse, and FUNctionality. It’s a unique and innovative twist on final-affairs planning from a delightful and FUNctional perspective. BTW, her kids call her “The Death Nerd”!
This book is not just about planning for the Final Sunset. It’s about new beginnings and new found perspectives about living right now. It is about taking care of necessary personal business in a pro-active and responsible manner that allows for peace and freedom right now in the present. Kelley’s book shows us the importance of living life now with our bucket lists and the importance of preparing for the finale with a “kick the bucket” list. She also exposes us to some cool options besides just being buried and cremated. In fact, I’m thinking of going for cryogenic freezing personally.
Listen in as we discuss:
- Why we should plan for death.
- How you choose who should handle your affairs.
- The difference between the bucket list and the kick the bucket list.
- The actual cost of dying and why it is costly to avoid planning for death.
- Why you should consider writing your own obituary.
- Why burial and cremation aren’t your only options.
- Why we should plan to cut off our social media platforms and web presence, and
- The importance of preserving your legacy, recording your family health history, and your family tree.
To listen on BlogtalkRadio click here,
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To learn more about Holley you can:
Check out her website,
Like her Facebook Page,
Follow her on Twitter.
Thanks Holley for being on the show!