How Stress and Overwhelm Lead to Weight Gain with Brenda Sillas!
Keep the Weight Off by Keeping the Stress Off
Brenda Sillas and the Keys to Starting Your Weight Loss Journey and Staying On It
Brenda Sillas Notable Quotes
“Everyday is a day when I want to feel good in my own skin to wear the dress if I wanted to. So I started to tap into the mindset of, ‘If I am going to be invited to a wedding tomorrow, I want to be ready.’ In that way, it’s like you celebrate your body, your mind, every single day versus looking for that one day where you look amazing and then the next day, you’re not caring.”
– Brenda Sillas
It’s relatively easy to lose weight—what’s difficult is keeping it off. For a lot of people, they want to lose weight because of an event, say a wedding or a vacation, but after that, many people go back to their “usual” lifestyle. Where do we strike the balance between that motivation to start on that weight loss journey and staying on track?
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to master weight loss strategist and nutrition wizard, Brenda Sillas, to walk us through the little ways we can start our own weight loss journey and stay on track to making healthier lifestyle choices.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Brenda Sillas (00:50)
- Brenda Sillas, her weight loss journey, and her journey into health coaching (02:34)
- The underlying feelings when Brenda gained a lot of weight (05:51)
- Finding and getting into that new rhythm (07:30)
- Finding the balance between losing weight for an event and sustainability (09:06)
- The worst things anyone can do to sabotage their weight loss efforts (11:29)
- Is being busy an actual excuse? (15:32)
- Habits of high-performing women (17:20)
- Weight loss mistakes that people make (19:12)
- Brenda Sillas’ tips on getting off sugar (24:38)
- Healthy lifestyle habits to set out on the road to losing weight (28:21)
- Hydration is important in weight loss (31:04)
- Stress is damaging to the weight loss process (32:55)
- Where and how to get in touch with Brenda Sillas (36:55)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!