How to Eat Your Way to Looking and Feeling Gorgeous with Esther Blum!
Lose the Extra Weight by Eating Better!
The Secrets to Balancing Your Hormones to Lose Weight
Esther Blum Notable Quotes
“You can literally save your own life by cooking, by just controlling the fats that you use.”
– Esther Blum
In today’s day and age, many of us are suffering from chronic health issues that may or may not require maintenance medication. And while we may think it’s a life sentence, the truth is, many of those chronic health issues can be reversed—not overnight of course, a lot of effort will still go into making healthier choices and reversing our health issues, but it’s doable, nonetheless. And it’s not too late to start now.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to Integrative Dietician and High-Performance Coach Esther Blum to walk us through how we can take our first few steps back into health and keep ourselves on that track.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Esther Blum (00:48)
- Esther Blum, her work, and her story (02:22)
- The most troubling health issue people face (04:48)
- Helpful tests to ask for to check our health status (05:50)
- The GI-MAP test (07:30)
- Esther Blum’s previous focus on gut health (09:00)
- DUTCH hormone test (11:50)
- The secret to balancing hormones (13:33)
- The beauty and benefits of a high-protein low-sugar diet (14:35)
- Balance hormones by lifting weights (16:15)
- Sleep is a good metabolic modulator (17:43)
- Has anything changed with Esther’s view of weight loss in the past couple of years? (19:28)
- Fake meat puts you at risk (20:25)
- What Esther Blum thinks of the carnivore diet (21:21)
- Lose the grains, get starches elsewhere (22:52)
- Biological and metabolic individuality (25:08)
- Learning how to cook can make you into a healthier individual (28:08)
- Good oils and fats vs. bad oils and fats (28:27)
- Esther Blum’s mercury toxicity and how she overcame it (32:00)
- Muscle testing (34:45)
- Why people struggle to make healthy changes (36:58)
- The hardest piece of healing is the mental aspect (38:44)
- Where to find and keep up with Esther Blum (39:23)
- The Way of the SEAL: Think Like an Elite Warrior to Lead and Succeed by Mark Divine & Allyson E. Machate
- Overcome: Crush Adversity with the Leadership Techniques of America’s Toughest Warriors by Jason Redman
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!