How to Get People to Open Your Emails with Jules Dan!
Jules Dan Teaches Us A Few Email Marketing Tips and Strategies
Engage Potential Clients with Your Emails!
Jules Dan Notable Quotes
“When I was writing a chatbot series [for a client]…it was converting. Overnight, I got a message from Facebook saying, ‘The chatbot is breaching out Terms of Service. It will note be available if you don’t change this, this, and this.’ It basically broke the whole campaign, and that’s when I knew that I’m building a business on someone else’s land, meaning a tech company. And email was the best road to go down because no one owns it. There’s a few rules and regulations per country about sending stuff, but for the most part, they can’t take it away from you. It’s yours.”
– Jules Dan
“Make sure it’s not an interrogation, it’s just a conversation.”
– Jules Dan on getting to know your market
As health coaches, many of us are more inclined to gravitate towards the shinier things when it comes to marketing ourselves, like, say, social media. And many of us, myself included, overlook the power of email lists and email marketing to get more clients—and we should change that.
In this episode of Health Coach Academy, we’re talking to copywriter and email marketer Jules Dan to give us a quick rundown of why we should pay more attention to email marketing and how we can engage potential clients with our emails.
Jules Dan – Website
Storytelling Secrets Podcast by Jules Dan
The 5 Costly Opt-In Email Mistakes Most Coaches Make & How to Avoid Them by Jules Dan
In this Episode of Health Coach Academy
- Omar introduces the episode’s guest, Jules Dan (00:48)
- Jules Dan and his journey with email marketing (04:25)
- Was Jules Dan naturally good at copywriting? (07:24)
- Do not overlook email as a marketing platform (09:06)
- The chatbot software Jules made a campaign for, ManyChat (11:30)
- The storytelling component of copywriting (12:58)
- How often should we send emails to see some success? (15:20)
- Find a schedule that works (15:52)
- Should you be selling in every email? (16:44)
- Using email lists like social media followings (18:08)
- When you don’t have a significant email list size (20:02)
- Why you should write your emails yourself (22:11)
- Should our emails have a certain structure? (23:18)
- Title suggestions to entice readers to open emails (25:52)
- Some costly email mistakes and how to avoid them (28:04)
- Not knowing your market like your best friend (29:08)
- Not sharing your audience’s common stories and objections (31:55)
- Lack of strategy in emails (33:10)
- Where to find Jules Dan and keep up with what he’s doing (37:10)
- Parting advice from Jules Dan (38:10)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to iTunes for more episodes!