Small Steps Start the Journey
Working Out Doesn’t Take as Long as You Think it Does
More Muscle, Better Weight Loss
Michael Krug Notable Quotes
“If you start now, and you just start with really small things, like instead of getting a sugar-filled latte, just get a black coffee, or if it’s just starting with drinking water first thing every day, or just getting out for a ten-minute walk over lunch rather than answering that extra email, the small little habits and the small little things you do will compound on top of each other. That’s the biggest thing I can tell anyone—start small.”
– Michael Krug
“It all starts in the belief that you can start to make changes that you want to make. And then just take small actions to get towards that every day. It’s always worth it.”
– Michael Krug
Many people want to lose weight for many different reasons, maybe it’s to fit into a dress for a wedding, maybe it’s to fit into a swimsuit for a vacation, or maybe it’s to lessen joint pain. No matter the reason, one thing’s for sure: losing weight is one thing, but keeping it off is a whole other matter entirely.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to health coach and personal trainer Michael Krug to share with us his story—from gaining weight while growing up to learning about the intricacies of reclaiming his health to losing weight and keeping it off for more than a decade.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Michael Krug (01:21)
- Michael Krug, his story, and his health journey (02:44)
- Finally realizing the need to make a change and taking the first steps to change (14:24)
- How lifestyle medicine plays a part in what Michael Krug does (18:10)
- Learning more about health while losing weight (21:24)
- Intuitively eating versus strictly fasting (23:11)
- Did Michael Krug hit any weight plateaus? (25:53)
- The more muscle we have, the better we can lose weight (28:15)
- The number one obstacle to lose weight (30:28)
- Living a case-study lifestyle (32:32)
- Start small to start now (33:24)
- Does Michael Krug take any supplements? (34:20)
- Michael’s micro-exercises (37:33)
- Where to find and keep in touch with Michael Krug (41:40)
- Parting words from Michael Krug (42:06)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!