Making Genetic Testing Accessible to Health Coaches with SelfDecode
Getting into the Nitty Gritty with Genetic Testing
Bio-Individuality: No One Size Fits All
Joe Cohen Notable Quotes
“One therapy, drug, lifestyle, approach, diet usually doesn’t always work for the same person. Even if I find someone very similar to me, and a lot of the same things helped them, there’s going to be a lot of things that they respond differently to.”
– Joe Cohen
In a world where there’s a multitude of approaches toward the “right” kind of diet and lifestyle, what many people don’t realize is that there’s no one size fits all. One person might respond better to a ketogenic diet compared to another person who fails at it but is successful on a Mediterranean diet. And all that is because of a difference in genetics and bio-individuality.
In this episode of Health Coach Academy, we’re talking to SelfDecode CEO and Founder, Joe Cohen to walk us through the role that genetics plays in an individual’s success on a certain diet or lifestyle. He also sheds some light on how we health coaches can make the best use of SelfDecode’s services in taking our clients one step closer to their goals.
Joe Cohen – Instagram
Interested in adding genetic testing to your practice? Sign Up for SelfDecode and use the code OMAR15 to get 15% off your subscription!
In this Episode of Health Coach Academy
- Omar introduces the episode’s guest, Joe Cohen (01:25)
- Joe Cohen, his background, and SelfDecode (03:46)
- Taking notice of the lack of support in the healthcare system (06:06)
- Bio-individuality and trialing things individually (09:30)
- SelfDecode: what is it and what does it do? (12:40)
- Some interesting genetic findings from SelfDecode (17:25)
- The logistics behind availing of SelfDecode’s services (21:21)
- Operating on a larger analytic scale (24:30)
- Where to find and keep up with Joe Cohen and SelfDecode (27:32)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to iTunes for more episodes!