Where are the Toxins and How Can We Get Rid of Them?
Pick Your Battles: Minimize Toxin Exposure
Which Detox Ways Actually Work?
Dr. Wendie Trubow Notable Quotes
“You have to peel off, food is foundational, you have to make sure that’s optimized and that you’re eating and sleeping and pooping moving your body and not being a stress ball and having good relationships—those are the foundation of health. And if you do that, and you’re not a million bucks, you’ve got toxins.”
– Dr. Wendie Trubow
“Let’s back up a thousand steps. One: pick your battles. Two: don’t make your battles make you crazy because living on this earth, you’re going to be exposed to toxins, so do your best to minimize your exposure, and when you do get exposed, don’t go nuts.”
– Dr. Wendie Trubow
The world that we’re living in is packed full of toxins, and no matter what we do, we’ll be exposed to those toxins one way or another. What many of us don’t realize is that all these toxins building up in our bodies don’t only make us gain weight, but they also impact our health in ways that we affect the whole way our bodies function.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to author and functional medicine gynecologist Dr. Wendie Trubow to walk us through how we can start being mindful about the toxins around us and how we can minimize our exposure and take back ownership of our health.
Dr. Wendie Trubow – Instagram | Twitter
Five Journeys – Website | Facebook
Five Journeys Podcast: Live Like You Matter
Dirty Girl: Ditch the Toxins, Look Great, and Feel Freaking Amazing by Dr. Wendie Trubow & Dr. Ed Levitan
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Dr. Wendie Trubow (00:55)
- Wendie Trubow and her interest in the study of toxins (02:33)
- How can a normal person find out that they’re full of toxins? (07:30)
- What is detoxing and how do we do it? (10:07)
- Toxins and weight gain (12:50)
- How to start getting rid of the toxins in our bodies (13:33)
- Grandma was right—chew your food! (14:16)
- Detoxing still keeps toxins circulating the body (15:50)
- Tap water is a good microbiome disruptor (17:06)
- We’re all exposed to toxins (17:35)
- Toxin binders to get rid of toxins in the body (21:45)
- Your Bagel or Your Leg? (23:40)
- Other side effects toxins have on metabolic processes (26:50)
- Will chelation therapy help with getting rid of toxins in the body? (28:24)
- Does dry brushing work? (30:06)
- Getting the lymph flowing (30:48)
- Does intermittent fasting help with detoxifying the body? (31:30)
- The first steps to gaining back health (32:57)
- How fast can we expect a turnaround when we start getting rid of toxins? (37:22)
- Where to keep up and get in touch with Dr. Wendie Trubow (38:38)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!