We in the wellness world tend to hang our hat on the idea of going back to a time when the world was a healthier place. We especially like to bring back old ideas that seem to have been lost due to modernization like meditation, yoga, essential oils, and even organic eating. We like to reminisce about the times when we had less pollution and our air and water was cleaner. When we didn’t sit in a chair for hours on end and moved throughout the day. Ah, the good old days……
But once in a while, something comes along that the wellness world goes crazy for that is actually new! So new in fact, we wouldn’t of been able to see it’s potential until modern technology was created. This new thing that has the wellness world buzzing is the amazing web of connective tissue in our body called fascia.
To help us understand what fascia is, we welcome Ronelle Wood to the show. Ronelle is a leading specialist in Myofascial Release Therapy and joins to discuss her new book Touching Light: How to Free Your Fiber-Optic Fascia. Wood chronicles her path to discovering the life-changing technique that has made her a highly-successful, sought-after practitioner in her Ojai, CA clinic.
- What fascia is and how this web is found everywhere throughout our body.
- Why modern technology is shedding new insight of the potential of fascia.
- The difference between Myofascial Release Therapy (MRF) and conventional massage.
- How daily temper tantrums helps your fascia.
- The amount of sessions it takes to see tangible results, and
- Why Ronelle believes MRF will be a standard recommended protocol post surgery in the future.