Hope for Alzheimer’s: Prevention and Reversal
How to Combat Neurodegenerative Diseases Early
Is KetoFLEX 12/3 the Key?
Dr. Dale Bredesen Notable Quotes
“There’s been much controversy because people will say, ‘Oh, there’s no supplement that reverses cognitive decline.’ Well, of course, not by itself. But as a part of an overall protocol, they can be very helpful when you use the right ones in the right ways.”
– Dr. Dale Bredesen
Alzheimer’s Disease is a neurological disorder that causes the brain to progressively atrophy and die. While it used to be a rare disease, there has been a significant increase in cases in recent years, and scientists have forecasted that that number will only continue to increase if we don’t do anything about it.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to one of the leading scientists on neurodegenerative diseases and Chief Science Officer of Apollo Health to shed some light on Alzheimer’s Disease while giving us hope in terms of both preventing and reversing the dreaded disease.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Dr. Dale Bredesen (00:30)
- Dale Bredesen on Alzheimer’s disease (03:46)
- Subtypes of Alzheimer’s disease (06:22)
- Amyloid against bacteria entering the brain (08:00)
- How does the immune system take care of the brain when it’s under siege? (10:34)
- Dementia is a roof with 36 holes (13:10)
- Why Dr. Dale Bredesen decided to write a book about reversing Alzheimer’s disease (17:07)
- Diets that helped in reversing Alzheimer’s disease (18:41)
- Get people in mild ketosis; get started with exogenous ketones (19:38)
- Fibers and good fats with plants and omega-3’s (20:41)
- Does the carnivore diet improve cognition? (21:50)
- Losing weight and dropping medications on the KetoFlex 12/3 (23:56)
- The effect of coffee and caffeine in the brain (23:34)
- The few holes in the Dementia roof to fix (26:24)
- Make sure you have no ongoing systemic inflammation (26:53)
- Make sure you have no exposure to toxins (27:47)
- The effect of cholesterol-lowering drugs on the brain (28:52)
- Supplements for brain health (31:18)
- Are there tests to see if you’re on the road to cognitive decline? (33:43)
- Differentiating between Dementia and Alzheimer’s (37:11)
- What’s next for Dr. Dale Bredesen’s research (39:42)
- Where to find Dr. Dale Bredesen and his books (41:56)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!