Why Market Ourselves as Health Coaches?
The First Step to Marketing: Create Your On Website
The Evolution of Copy from Text to Content
Dr. Barbara Hales Notable Quotes
“By telling people what it is that you do and where you’re located, essentially, you are marketing. It’s really just a question of finding out where your ideal clients are located and where you can reach them the best.”
– Dr. Barbara Hales
“If you have no website, essentially, you don’t exist, and a referral to you would be meaningless. Eight out of ten people will go online before making that appointment to a referral. They’re going to check you out first, so a website is key.”
– Dr. Barbara Hales
Us health coaches become health coaches because we want to help people, not necessarily because we want to manage our practices as businesses. But the truth is, whether we like it or not, if we’re going to practice under our own names, we’re going to have to manage the business side of things, and marketing is a big part of it.
In this episode of Health Coach Academy, we’re talking to The Medical Strategist, Dr. Barbara Hales, to walk us through the importance of the marketing for our health coaching businesses, as well as the right kind of effective marketing we can implement right away.
The Medical Strategist – Website
In this Episode of Health Coach Academy
- Omar introduces the episode’s guest, Dr. Barbara Hales (01:17)
- One last slot left in Omar’s Podcast Mentorship Program! (02:03)
- Barbara Hales and her health marketing journey (02:53)
- Was Dr. Barbara Hales always good at marketing? (04:18)
- A negative connotation to marketing (06:02)
- The first steps of effective marketing (08:00)
- Other places to get referrals from, apart from the Chamber of Commerce (10:50)
- Why is strategy important for health coaches starting out? (12:06)
- How to formulate a strategy for effective marketing (12:50)
- The first things a newly certified health coach should do in terms of marketing (14:52)
- Have an optimized website (15:13)
- Helping people and getting into the business side (18:52)
- What health coaches need to know (21:33)
- The concept of copy and copywriting (23:43)
- The Medical Team Playbook (24:43)
- Barbara Hales’ parting advice for health coaches (27:40)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to iTunes for more episodes!