Our Bodies Are Meant to Move with Kathleen Trotter!
Building Habits is Intentional!
Set Up Our Future Selves for Success by Setting Up Systems
Kathleen Trotter Notable Quotes
“You don’t have to be great to start anything, but you do have to start to get great.”
– Kathleen Trotter
“You can make yourself do the ‘best’ program for the week, but it doesn’t matter what you do for a week. It matters what you can do consistently over the long term…the benefits of the best anything are moot if you can’t actually make yourself do it.”
– Kathleen Trotter
“Rather than becoming a second-rate version of somebody else, be a first-rate version of you.”
– Kathleen Trotter
When planning out a lifestyle change—be it eating healthier, making sure you’re sleeping enough, or starting to work out—the first step is always the hardest. Sometimes, this is where excuses come into play: I’m tired, or I’m not motivated, or maybe I’ll just do it tomorrow. But the thing is, we’re going to have to start it sooner or later, and sooner is better than later.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to fitness expert and media personality Kathleen Trotter to walk us through how we can be intentional with building out systems and creating habits that set up our future selves for success.
Kathleen Trotter – Website | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn
Finding Your Fit: A Compassionate Trainer’s Guide to Making Fitness a Lifelong Habit by Kathleen Trotter
Your Fittest Future Self: Making Choices Today for a Happier, Healthier, Fitter Future You by Kathleen Trotter
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Kathleen Trotter (00:55)
- Kathleen Trotter: who she is and what she does (03:22)
- Finding out your fitness personality (06:54)
- Meeting yourself where you are and standardizing your habit (07:23)
- The Four Fitness Personalities (08:38)
- Competitive Bunny
- Busy Multi-taskers
- Gym Bunny
- Home Bunny
- Yet: I’m not going to work out today, but my future self will (12:55)
- Movement is non-negotiable (13:25)
- “Activation before motivation” (15:40)
- The crux of getting people to start working out (18:18)
- Plotting out a mood journal (19:02)
- The wave of motivation (19:52)
- The most effective approach to losing weight (21:30)
- Journaling helps lose weight (24:16)
- Silencing the voice in your head that keeps sabotaging your health (25:16)
- The difference between shame and guilt (27:25)
- The concept of plug and play fitness (27:29)
- The amount of exercise Kathleen Trotter gets in a day (30:26)
- Being intentional is key (32:33)
- Not substituting a coping mechanism for another (33:02)
- Kathleen’s thoughts on willpower and habits as keys to success (34:20)
- Habits should first be intentionally created (36:21)
- How to build a system that sets up your future self for success (37:55)
- Where to find Kathleen Trotter and keep up with what she’s doing (41:25)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!
Listen to the Episode Here!
Pretty! Thiss has bbeen an extremely wonderful post.Thank you foor supplying this info.
I think this is one of the most important information for me.
And i am glad reading your article. But wanna resmark on few general
things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great!
With thanks for sharing your superb website!
I enjoy what you gys are usually up too. This
type of clever work and reporting! Keep up the very good works guys I’ve added you
guys to my own video.
Hey! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading througyh your articles.
Would lolve to perpetually get updaterd outstanding web blog!
Hello! Do you usee Twitter? I’d lime to follow you if that would bee okay.
I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward too new articles.
I got this site from my pal who shared with me concerning this website and noow this time I am browsing
this website and reading very infotmative articles or reviews at this place.
Hello everyone, it’s my first visit at this website, and piece of writing is
genuinely fruitful designed for me, keep up posting such articles or
Hey! This is my first comment hedre so I just wanted
to give a quick shout out and say I ruly enjoy reading through your articles.
Pretty! Thhis has beeen an extremely wonderful post. Thanks for providing
Great delivery. Great arguments. Keep up tthe amazing
Hello! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay.
I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forwad too new articles.
Great post! We wil be linking to this great post onn our website.
Keep up the great writing.
Hello! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow youu if that would be okay.
I’m definitely enjlying your blog and look forwward too new articles.
Please keep us up to datee like this. Thanks for sharing…
Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks foor sharing…