Tips to Keep the Weight Off This Holiday Season
Simple Hacks to Follow This Holiday Season
Keep That Success Record Running
“It really is about being mindful, right? I’m just here to say: really enjoy yourself and have fun – and maybe switch up a couple recipes, for example.”
– Dr. Lori Shemek
“A lot of people have to recognize that when they’re eating, they might overdo it because of the emotional component of the season.”
– Omar Cumberbatch
“I know we link food a lot with the season, but we can manage it.”
– Omar Cumberbatch
What are you doing for the holidays? Can you really enjoy yourself and have fun? The festive season can definitely be a challenge for those keeping an eye on their health – so how can you party heartily from Thanksgiving all the way to New Years?
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, Dr. Lori Shemek and Omar Cumberbatch talk about the various strategies you can use to keep yourself healthy and happy without spoiling the party. They touch on fasting, eating tips, food substitutions, and supplementation, just to name a few. So get ready to dive in this holiday episode!
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- How can Thanksgiving dishes be already healthy? (01:59)
- Japanese sweet potatoes – good for your blood sugar! (2:51)
- Planning and preparing are important for unexpected situations, such as awkward relatives. (5:59)
- Being mindful and aware is a vital defense against impulsive consumption. (6:58)
- Intermittent fasting – a great way to prepare for eating beforehand! (7:32)
- Why you may not want to fast for too long before Thanksgiving. (10:15)
- Sugar is everywhere in a holiday spread. (11:46)
- Chromium picolinate and berberine can help against an excess of sugar. (12:30)
- Can you have twelve meals between Thanksgiving to New Year where you can eat whatever you want – and stay healthy? (15:25)
- Post-eating glucose spikes – how to avoid them? (17:26)
- You can drink during the holidays? (18:43)
- The Three-Bite rule. (21:03)
- What should you focus on with 1,000% precision? (22:31)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!