Intuitive Eating: A Less Restrictive Approach
How Intuitive Eating Fits in an Eating Structure
Defining the Difference Between Dieting and Intuitive Eating
Kim Hynes Notable Quotes
“With intuitive eating, we can really slow down by looking at our stress, looking at our sleep, looking at our activity, but also looking at our mind. Are we changing our negative thoughts into positive thoughts? When we say we want food, and this week, we want to get chips, what are we really wanting?”
– Kim Hynes
When we want to lose weight, oftentimes, we subscribe to a diet. Many of these diets have foods we can and can’t eat, and even timeframes of when we’re “allowed” to eat. And this, understandably, can feel restrictive for many of us.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to health and wellness coach Kim Hynes to shed some light on intuitive eating and how we can use it as a less restrictive tool to lose weight and take control of our health.
Kim Hynes – Website | Instagram | Facebook
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Kim Hynes (00:28)
- Kim Hynes: who she is and what she does (01:42)
- What is intuitive eating and what does it address? (05:10)
- Why is there a disconnect between us and being able to eat intuitively (06:34)
- The difference between dieting and intuitive eating (08:20)
- Where intuitive eating fits in a structure (10:42)
- Stopping the fight and surrendering to the moment (12:54)
- Checking in ourselves and how often we should do it (14:30)
- How long does it take to make a change and see results? (15:52)
- Some tips for people who feel the need to eat all day (17:35)
- Taking intuitive eating along with exercise (24:05)
- Intuitive eating and facing a bag of chips (26:35)
- The role of alcohol in Kim Hynes’ intuitive eating journey (29:57)
- Where to find and keep up with Kim Hynes’ work (35:18)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!