Lose Weight by Going Plant-Based
Holistic Nutritionist Hope Pedraza Shares the Benefits of Going Plant-Based
Bio-Individuality: Not One Diet Fits Everyone
Hope Pedraza Notable Quotes
“What a proper plant-based whole foods diet looks like is, again, it’s full of fruits and veggies, it’s full of whole grains like quinoa, oats, it’s full of things like legumes…it’s just using real food.”
– Hope Pedraza
“While I try to get rid of the stigma around carbs, I think it’s important to be mindful about it because, yeah, you can sit there and eat rice all day long, rice is plant-based, but it’s all about a balance…I think that’s a mistake, too, is not really being mindful of the balance of the macronutrients because you need the protein, you need the carbs, you need the fat—you need all of it.”
– Hope Pedraza
“It’s important to know that not every food is good for everybody. Knowing that and knowing how to eat for your body, for your digestive system is important.”
– Hope Pedraza
One concept that comes up on the show from time to time is the concept of bio-individuality, and that means different needs for different bodies. One way of eating may not necessarily work for one person, but it can optimize the health of the other—it all depends on what each individual body needs.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to holistic nutritionist Hope Pedraza to shed some light on the plant-based diet. She shares why plant-based diets are beneficial, what it is about them that can help us lose weight, and how we can take the first few steps towards transitioning into it.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Which body tissue the Covid virus hangs out (01:15)
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Hope Pedraza (03:43)
- Hope Pedraza, who she is and what she does (05:41)
- Why plants are beneficial in our diet (06:35)
- Vegetarian vs. vegan (07:50)
- The long-term protein factor in plant-based diets (10:56)
- What does a plant-based diet look like? (12:50)
- Different varieties of plant-based foods feeds different varieties of gut microflora (15:56)
- Is a plant-based diet better for the thyroid? (16:17)
- What about for the people scared of carbohydrates? (19:05)
- Common mistakes people make when transitioning to a plant-based diet (21:45)
- Eating based on each person’s bio-individuality (24:17)
- The first step to take to transition to a plant-based diet (26:30)
- Hope’s thoughts on plant-based meat alternatives (28:08)
- We don’t have to inherit genetic diseases (29:29)
- Why do people lose weight on a plant-based diet? (31:58)
- Hope’s thoughts on the Mediterranean diet (33:05)
- Plant-based bacon? (34:39)
- Where to find and keep up with Hope Pedraza (35:33)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!