Plant-Based for a Small Waist with Dr. Neal Barnard
100% Vegan: An Answer to Hormonal Imbalance
Shed Some Weight by Going Plant-Based
“This book is designed for people who are dealing with infertility, or menstrual cramps, or endometriosis, or PCOS, or erectile dysfunction. Let’s get your hormones back in balance with a healthy, plant-based diet.”
– Dr. Neal Barnard
There are tons and tons of diets available, and along with them come their success stories that resolved one or two health issues. One such diet is an exclusive, plant-based diet that was discovered to relieve reproductive issues.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to physician and best-selling author Dr. Neal Barnard to shed some light on the plant-based diet and the wonders it does for the body especially for those facing reproductive issues.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Dr. Neal Barnard (01:45)
- The solution to hormonal imbalances is our diet (03:00)
- Coming by the solution to hormonal imbalances by accident (04:22)
- A larger scale study at Georgetown University (05:32)
- Fatty food raises estrogen levels (06:10)
- Biological estrogens in cheese (07:05)
- How hormones affect weight gain (10:28)
- Getting to know estrogen (10:42)
- The thyroid hormone (11:45)
- Neal Barnard’s take on the carnivore diet (14:01)
- Insulin’s role in weight gain and weight loss (17:05)
- Virtahealth’s success on reversing Type II diabetes(21:32)
- Improved insulin sensitivity but increased bad cholesterol level (22:30)
- Some people’s success on the carnivore diet (25:15)
- Sugar is a Trojan horse (28:52)
- Fish and beef promote higher insulin levels (30:52)
- Some of Dr. Neal’s recipes for better health (33:40)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!