One of the books that has impacted my life in a positive way is The One Thing written by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan. The book basically teaches us the importance of focusing on just one thing in order to achieve success. Today we are forever multi-tasking and not giving 100% thought into any of the tasks that we are trying to accomplish.
On today’s show, we are going to learn a lot about using our focus in a way that will lead to amazing results.
TWU Radio welcome Shelley Pernot to the show! Shelley is a leadership development expert, life coach, and founder of True North Development. She teaches a course at the University of Texas on the practical application of mindfulness for busy professionals. She joins the radio show to explain the importance of mindfulness in our everyday lives. She shares tools that can help us get a grip on being in the present moment and how this practice enhances everything that we do.
Listen in as we discuss:
- -Why more companies are opening up to the concept of mindfulness.
- – What the health benefits of mindfulness are.
- – Why meditation is an important part of mindfulness.
- -What the meditation myths she learned from Deepak Chopra.
- -The importance of yoga in her life.
- -How to incorporate mindfulness in the workplace, and
- -The importance of gratitude.
To listen on BlogTalkRadio click here,
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To learn more about Shelley you can:
Check out her website,
Like her Facebook Page.
Thank you Shelley for being on the show!