Breaking Through Body Image Issues
Evaluating Values and Digging Deep Into Our “Why”
Overcoming Limiting Beliefs Around Diet and Exercise
Sonia Jhas Notable Quotes
“We live in an environment now where we are in the ‘hashtag word,’ as I like to call it…now, we’re in an environment where everybody is comparing themselves to beauty around the world. It’s no longer who you are in your community or in your core group—it’s who you are stacked up against everything that you’re being exposed to, and I think that’s really hard.”
– Sonia Jhas
“How do you not identify with the comparison game? How do you not fall prey to the perfection that you see online? How do you not get convoluted in your values in your limiting beliefs in your perfectionist tendencies when you’re being exposed to so much out there that’s creating this tug of war around, ‘am I good enough as I am?’”
– Sonia Jhas
“Tomorrow is only built off of the foundations we are creating today. And there is no magic mindset shift or fad diet that’s going to get us where we want to go tomorrow or the next tomorrow or the next tomorrow.”
– Sonia Jhas
Making the decision to lose weight is just one part of the equation. The other part of it is actually acting on it. The thing is, after deciding to start eating better and start going to the gym, many of us falter at the starting line and end up procrastinating, saying, ah, I’ll just do it tomorrow. Until eventually, that lifestyle shift we’ve been planning suddenly gets pushed back to however many tomorrows. Why do we keep pushing it back to tomorrow?
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to award winning mindset and wellness expert Sonia Jhas to get to the root cause of procrastinating about making changes to our health. Sonia is also a TEDx speaker as well as the author of the book I’ll Start Again Tomorrow (And Other Lies I’ve Told Myself).
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Sonia Jhas (01:04)
- Sonia Jhas: who she is, what she does, and her health journey (01:58)
- Body image issues from society and within the family (07:10)
- Taking the bold step of going against an internalized “ideal” of beauty (10:12)
- Fighting against the perpetuating harmful body image (11:57)
- The first step is to look at your values (13:30)
- Digging deep into our “why” and what health means for each of us (18:15)
- The most common limiting beliefs around diet and exercise (22:03)
- The first step in embracing more positivity when it comes to our bodies (24:24)
- The magic journaling can do to help us connect with our bodies (25:45)
- The power of affirmations (27:43)
- To the person who wants to live healthier (29:20)
- Sonia Jhas and her book: I’ll Start Again Tomorrow (33:38)
- Where to get Sonia Jhas’ book (39:37)
- Where to find Sonia Jhas and keep up with her work (40:28)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!