Public Speaking From Home? Yes, It’s a Thing!
Create an Evergreen Signature Talk that Converts!
More Speaking Engagements, More Clients
Chen Yen Notable Quotes
“You got to do something to grow your business. It’s just a matter of what can you put in place that you bring the greatest return…of the many approaches [health care professionals] share with us about what’s working and what’s not working, hands down, speaking is one of the most effective ways to bring in a consistent flow of clients.”
– Chen Yen
When we think about getting more clients, probably the first things we think about are doing ads on social media, or creating and putting out content consistently, or building out our email lists. And while there may be any number of ways to get more clients, one way that not a lot of us tend to think about is through speaking engagements.
In this episode of Health Coach Academy, we’re talking to pharmacist-turned-entrepreneur Chen Yen to walk us through a little bit about why and how we can leverage speaking engagements as a way to get us more clients.
Chen Yen Website – Introverted Visionary
In this Episode of Health Coach Academy
- Omar introduces the episode’s guest, Chen Yen (01:52)
- Chen Yen, who she is and what she does (02:32)
- The need to get out of her pharmacy career (03:38)
- What could help the current health care system to become more integrated (05:34)
- Chen Yen built her business to 7 figures. Was she always good at business? (06:41)
- Current trends that enable speaking opportunities (08:40)
- Boosting your visibility on social media is becoming more and more expensive (11:53)
- Why people aren’t coming to work with you…yet (13:22)
- Leveraging speaking and speaking engagements to get more clients (13:57)
- Two ways to get speaking opportunities (14:42)
- Interview and get interviewed (15:45)
- Chen Yen’s fool-proof interview script (17:25)
- One signature talk that converts (18:00)
- Chen Yen and speaking (18:40)
- Connecting instead of performing (21:23)
- A hot tip for speaking: Lion’s breath (22:19)
- Having a framework for speaking when you’re unsure about what to say (23:00)
- Just go out and speak (24:13)
- Evergreen speaking engagements right from the comfort of your home (25:50)
- How to get booked and get in front of people (30:22)
- The three main things Chen Yen helps her clients with (34:34)
- Be clear on what you’re offering (35:35)
- The right angle for the talk (35:39)
- Getting booked for that signature talk that converts (35:45)
- Where to find and keep up with what Chen Yen is doing (37:03)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to iTunes for more episodes!