How to Stick to Your New Year’s Resolution
Setting Up Sustainable Healthy Habits for Lasting Success
THRIVE (Training, Habits, Rest, Intake, Vigorous Exercise, Empowerment) Program
“In the very beginning, we are excited and really enthusiastic about achieving those goals come the first of the year. It’s a way to turn a new page and start new. And then what happens is that either we don’t have a plan, or we’re not seeing immediate results…so that starts to deter clients and what they do then, they stop doing those things that they need to do as far as going to the gym, eating correctly… When you’re preparing an athlete, they have a preseason to prepare for the season.
So it’s the same thing I tell my clients. I say, so why don’t we have a preseason to prepare for our goals in the new year? And that’s all just all about getting in shape, all about building those habits that we need to build up. So when the season comes or the new year comes, we are ready to just come out the gate, we’re in the habits. We’re in our routine, and we’re ready to continue on to achieve those goals.”
– Rahsaan Robinson
The new year is just around the corner and for many of us, it’s a time to jumpstart some changes to better our health and lifestyle. And while our intentions are always at their best, the unfortunate truth is that many of us fall off the weight loss/get healthier plan as soon as February rolls in. Why is that and what can we do to stick to our goals?
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, Dr. Lori Shemek interviews co-host Omar Cumberbatch and guest Rahsaan Robinsons to talk about why many of us fall off our New Year’s Resolutions and how we can combat those pitfalls and set us up for lasting success. They also talk about their new weight loss program called THRIVE (Training, Habits, Rest, Intake, Vigorous Exercise, Empowerment) specifically targeted to set up healthy, sustainable habits coming into the holidays, into the new year, and beyond.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Rahsaan Robinson (00:47)
- Ney Year’s Resolutions and the THRIVE Program (01:45)
- Rahsaan Robinson: who he is, his journey, and what he does (02:20)
- What makes the THRIVE Program different? (03:56)
- Why can’t most people stick to their New Year’s Resolutions? (05:38)
- The biggest nutritional issue during the holidays (08:38)
- The holiday hurdle when it comes to fitness (09:24)
- Why is sugar such a big problem? (10:49)
- Incorporating weekly celebrations into the THRIVE Program (12:34)
- Accountability in the THRIVE Program (13:50)
- Where to sign up for the THRIVE Program (16:15)
- The habitual components of the program (19:05)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!