Health and Nutrition Coaches Amy Julien and Lisa Swift talk about the benefits of MLM and Network Marketing
Listen to the Episode Here:
How Can MLM Help a Health and Fitness Coach?
Amy Julien and Lisa Swift Notable Quotes
“So [MLM’s] gotten a bad name because, I think, they make false promises to people, like lavish lifestyles, getting rich quick, ‘oh you’ve got to stack all this inventory and sell it.’ And it’s different today. It’s not easy, and it’s not a get rich quick scheme. It can be a very lucrative career if you’re serious.”
– Lisa Swift
“When you’re selling a product, you have to be a product of the product…you want to believe in what you sell to be authentic. And you can’t be authentic when you don’t really know the experience, right?”
– Amy Julien
“It’s going to work if you [put the work in]. You build relationships, help people, and you do this out of your heart of something you would do even if you think it paid a dime. That’s what’s going to bring you in the money.”
– Lisa Swift
As fitness coaches, I’m pretty sure that we’ve all had at least one experience with MLM—be it being sold to or being recruited into. It’s importance to recognize that there is a stigma around MLM, understandably so especially if our prior experiences with them aren’t that great.
In this episode of Health Coach Academy, we’re talking to fitness coaches Amy Julien and Lisa Swift who happen to be thriving in their MLM business. They’re reaping the benefits of not just the added income but also the benefits of building relationships and boosted health through their products, and they’re going to help us dispel the stigma around MLM and maybe even convince us into looking into joining an MLM company.
In this Episode of Health Coach Academy
- Omar introduces the episode’s guests, Amy Julien and Lisa Swift (01:45)
- Amy Julien and Lisa Swift (04:52)
- Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) and Amy and Lisa’s experiences with MLM (07:30)
- Where Amy and Lisa thinks the stigma for MLM comes from (09:06)
- What to look out for when considering joining an MLM (11:30)
- Why it’s a necessity to buy MLM products (14:02)
- You have to believe in what you sell to be authentic (15:12)
- How big a part selling and recruiting play into the business model (16:50)
- It’s easier to be a skeptic who does their own research (18:33)
- Adding recruitment in the equation (19:05)
- Which is more valuable, recruitment or sales? (20:55)
- How can you make money in the MLM world? (22:40)
- What you put into it is what you’ll get out of it (25:13)
- Additional benefits in MLM (apart from the income) (26:38)
- How long it takes to start making money (28:25)
- Hidden costs and how much it costs to start working in MLM (30:10)
- Dealing with the rejection in sales (35:15)
- Where to find and get in touch with Amy and Lisa (36:58)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to iTunes for more episodes!