Lifehacks to Minimize Our Toxin Load
Just How Much Toxins are We Exposed To?
The First Thing to Do to Address Our Toxin Load
Dr. Wendie Trubow Notable Quotes
“We are definitely starting at the gut even if people don’t have symptoms because if the gut’s dysfunctional, it doesn’t matter how much we bind this mercury. If your gut’s dysfunctional and recycling [the mercury], it doesn’t matter how effective the detox is if it doesn’t leave you.”
– Dr. Wendie Trubow
It’s no secret that the world we live in today is full of toxins: from the pesticides that get into our food, to the products we use on our bodies, to the very water we drink and the air we breathe. Sadly, it’s not talked about enough, especially how heavily they impact our health: from causing hormonal imbalances, leaky guts, and even cancer. While we can’t control how much toxins there are in the environment, we can limit our exposure to them.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fay, we’re talking to author, entrepreneur, and functional health specialist Wendie Trubow to walk us through how we can take back the narrative and take back ownership of our health by minimizing and getting rid of the toxins in our bodies so we could live life to the fullest.
Dirty Girl: Ditch the Toxins, Look Great and Feel FREAKING AMAZING! By Wendie Trubow & Ed Levitan
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Dr. Wendie Trubow (00:29)
- Wendie Trubow and her recent work (01:46)
- Toxins and how they affect weight gain (03:00)
- Death by a thousand cuts (04:55)
- The cumulative burn we’re exposed to on a daily basis (07:10)
- Do forever chemicals stay in our bodies forever? (09:48)
- The steps to start detoxifying our liver (10:45)
- Wendie Trubow’s thoughts on the supplement NAC (12:50)
- Signs of toxicity overload that we should watch out for (15:30)
- Disease states that indicate toxicity (15:43)
- The first thing to do to address the high toxin load (17:31)
- What does it mean to heal the gut? (19:48)
- How to test for toxins in the body (21:13)
- Dr Wendie Trubow’s book: Dirty Girl (22:33)
- The steps Dr. Wendie took to get rid of the toxins (25:37)
- Take coffee and wine at your own risk (30:55)
- Where to find and keep in touch with Dr. Wendie Trubow (32:35)
- It’s important to recognize we can only do what we can only do (33:50)
- Lifehacks to minimize toxin load (35:48)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!