The Health Coaching Business Secrets No One is Talking About
Get Your Health Coaching Business Off the Ground with Trade Secrets!
Fool-Proof Business Foundations from Carmen Hunter
“I want to bring people back to the basics of learning what it means to run a business that you love that actually works for you that you don’t have to work so hard for. And at the same time, make a bigger impact without spending so much money that you don’t have to spend to be successful.”
– Carmen Hunter
“Anytime you’ve been diagnosed with something, it’s just a symptom of something. So don’t own any diagnosis that someone lays on you. Always go after, ‘Where is this coming from?’”
– Carmen Hunter
A lot of health coaches fresh out of their certifications struggle with starting the business side of their practice, myself included. I initially thought that I had to do this, this, this, and this to ensure I have a thriving business. Turns out, there are things that I have to do and things I don’t have to do and still build up a flourishing health coaching practice.
In this episode of Health Coach Academy, we’re talking to the founder of The Institute for Functional Health Coaching, Carmen Hunter to shed some light on the practical business secrets to get your health coaching practice off the ground.
Carmen Hunter – Website
In this Episode of Health Coach Academy
- Omar introduces the episode’s guest, Carmen Hunter (01:23)
- Carmen Hunter, health coaching, and business coaching (03:03)
- Establishing herself as a health coach when health coaching wasn’t a thing (07:15)
- Business secrets that no one is telling you (09:09)
- You don’t need a website to have a business (09:25)
- You don’t have to be perfectly healthy to help other people (10:30)
- A tip for people reaching out for that one shiny object (12:35)
- A business strategy in place to get your health coaching practice off the ground (14:28)
- Carmen Hunter’s first client (18:08)
- The concept of niching down (21:20)
- The challenges on not having a niched down market (24:15)
- Copy is paramount (24:45)
- Why Carmen Hunter started the Institute for Functional Health Coaching (27:28)
- One of the mistakes that health practitioners are making (30:16)
- It’s all about the mindset (31:56)
- The limiting belief of saturation in the health coaching market (33:16)
- Where to find Carmen Hunter and keep up with what she’s doing (37:20)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to iTunes for more episodes!