How Nafsika Turned Vegan Overnight
Nafsika’s Approach to Health Coaching & The Top Benefits of Going Vegan
How to Make the Switch to a Plant-Based Lifestyle
Nafsika Antypas Notable Quotes
“What I like to say about a plant-based diet is, you’re eating whole foods and everything, you’re automatically going to lose weight because you’re just eating healthier, you’re not eating saturated fats and cholesterol. I believe, with a plant-based diet, 80% is what you eat and 20% is exercise, so you really don’t have to be going to the gym everyday like crazy just to lose weight. It’s good, and it’ll help you, but you’ll lose exactly what you need to lose.”
– Nafsika Antypas
Different diets work for different people—from the Mediterranean diet, to the ketogenic diet, to the carnivore diet, and the vegan diet, there’s no one size fits all when it comes to health and nutrition. And even within these diets, there needs to be a level of customization to accommodate each individual’s needs and goals.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to the writer, host, and executive producer of Plant-Based by Nafsika, Nafsika Antypas to share how she turned vegan overnight, the benefits of going vegan, and how switching to a vegan diet can help with weight loss.
The Plant-Based Switch – Website
Nafsika’s Garden – Website
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Nafsika Antypas (01:03)
- Nafsika Antypas, who she is, and what she does (02:10)
- How Nafsika Antypas became a vegan overnight (03:38)
- A vegan diet, the vegan lifestyle, and customizing to suit your needs (05:20)
- Nafsika’s approach to health coaching (08:30)
- The top benefits of going vegan or vegetarian (10:28)
- Breastfeeding, formula milk, and replacement milk (11:08)
- Seizures, high fevers, and ear infections are “normal” and are “no cause for concern” (12:38)
- Daily doses of antibiotics (13:56)
- Dairy as the cause of continuous ear infections (15:28)
- A more plant-based diet in Canada (16:50)
- Nafsika’s Garden (18:35)
- Nafsika’s opinion on fake meats (19:06)
- The thing about vitamin B12 (21:46)
- Is eating a vegan diet less expensive? (22:10)
- Oat milk over almond milk (23:12)
- How a vegan lifestyle is beneficial to weight loss (25:12)
- Nafsika Antypas’ advice to someone seeking to switch to a plant-based lifestyle (26:06)
- What Nafsika misses the most outside veganism (27:57)
- The best way to keep up with what Nafsika Antypas is doing (32:08)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!