Start Losing Weight No Matter the Age!
“You are the CEO of your own health.”
Jumping Over the Most Difficult Hurdle of Losing Weight
“These people that I’m working with are typically 40-100lbs. overweight. And they’d try to do something themselves, but they have no plan, they don’t know what to do…they need someone to hold them accountable. And that’s the number one priority of my job, is to hold people accountable—very difficult to do it yourself.”
– Bill Vogel
“One of the big problems people have in their 50s (and over) is that if they look at their friends, their closest friends, they all look like them, so it’s not out of the ordinary to be overweight. So when you see all of your friends like that, you’d think, ‘I’m good, I’m good,’ and they’re really not. And unfortunately, as I mentioned here earlier, it takes something to share them up, whether it’s a medical reason or like the embarrassment I had.”
– Bill Vogel
“…the day will come when the doctor will say something you don’t want to hear.”
– Bill Vogel
If you’re in your 20s or 30s, keeping yourself in shape and feeling great because you make sure to take care of your health, wouldn’t it be nice to keep things that way until you’re in your 40s, 50s, well into your 60s and even further? But if you’re a little older and you find yourself ready to take that first step to reclaiming your health, don’t fret—you can definitely get into shape and start feeling great, too.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to Primal Health Lifestyle coach Bill Vogel of My 50 Plus Health to share his health journey and the work he does helping clients well into their 40s and 50s take back control of their health.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Bill Vogel (01:07)
- “You are the CEO of your own health and no one else.” (02:26)
- Bill Vogel’s health story and how he became a health and longevity coach (04:08)
- Going deep into the “ancestral” lifestyle (15:00)
- Does Bill implement intermittent fasting for all his clients? (17:16)
- The most difficult hurdle older people face when trying to lose weight (18:43)
- Bill Vogel’s strategy when a client struggles with fasting (21:47)
- Breaking the cycle of bad health habits (24:03)
- Bill’s favorite client: his mother-in-law (26:32)
- The first thing an older person should do if they want to lose weight (29:48)
- How Bill incorporates exercise and movement into his programs (32:08)
- One of the big problems people over 50 have (34:34)
- Where to find Bill Vogel and keep up with his work (36:22)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!