Stand Up and Stretch Away the Weight Gain with Matt Peale
Be Intentional: Schedule Your Stretches
Move Your Body and Lower Inflammation Immediately
Matt Peale Notable Quotes
“You have to schedule [movement] in, just like anything else. Just like the kids’ dentist appointment, just like a sales meeting, any meeting, you got to schedule it in at first until it does become a habit in that 66-day mark, and you do it automatically or naturally. If you’re not scheduling it in, then you’re not going to do it.”
– Matt Peale
“There’s a ton of information out there, and people are selling all sorts of products and diets and ways to do it, and they want the get rich quick scheme, and that’s the other thing—the body’s not a get rich quick scheme. It never has been, and it never will be.”
– Matt Peale
After the pandemic hit, many companies were forced to work from home, which means no more commutes. For many of us, our days are comprised of getting up, walking to our computers, and working for at least right hours each day. That also means many of us spend at least eight hours each day just sitting…and that isn’t doing our health any favors.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to author and corrective exercise specialist Matt Peale to walk us through the dangers of sitting so long every day and how it relates to weight gain and even obesity. On the flip side, he also shares some simple stretches we can do at home to alleviate the negative effects of sitting all day.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Matt Peale (03:42)
- Matt Peale’s: who he is and what he does (05:03)
- How does sitting cause chronic pain? (06:14)
- How much sitting is too much sitting? (07:46)
- Activate the glutes first (08:42)
- Strengthen the muscles to avoid doing more harm than good (11:52)
- A study about health and sitting time (12:40)
- The link between sitting and obesity (14:53)
- Be purposeful and schedule it in your day (16:10)
- The effects of muscle on our health (17:04)
- The importance of eating good food (19:53)
- What should we be feeding our bodies? (21:02)
- The misnomers of carbohydrates (21:51)
- Do we have to monitor our carbohydrate intake? (22:47)
- The role of movement in lowering inflammation (25:07)
- Muscles we need to focus on stretching (28:15)
- Hip flexors and sitting (33:05)
- Tips to decrease daily sitting time (34:37)
- Where to find and get in touch with Matt Peale (36:12)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!