This time with the holidays coming up, Lori and I are holding an emergency episode about how to navigate through the holidays and keep the weight off!
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori’s emergency podcast for the holidays (01:00)
- Food and the holidays: the relationship between sugar intake and poor mood (02:40)
- Don’t hold off on sugar: addressing sugar intake for people who look forward to the holiday (04:55)
- Use targeted supplementation to help you resist (i.e., chromium picolinate) (06:33)
- Add a healthy fat to each meal: fat high in omega-3 (08:17)
- Drink lots of water: half your body weight in ounces of water (08:48)
- Add herbs like cinnamon (09:43)
- Exercise to utilize the sugars in your body (10:17)
- It’s fine to have a little bit of treats for the holidays (11:08)
- Compliance rates between having good meals and bad meals (11:50)
- Intermittent fasting is incredibly powerful (14:55)
- Strategies for Thanksgiving (16:38)
- The mistake of starving the body to “pig out” on Thanksgiving (18:22)
- Chromium picolinate to curb sugar cravings (19:45)
- Considering alcohol for the holidays: go for the low-sugar ones (22:20)
- Managing stress during the holidays (25:03)
- Plan ahead (26:00)
- Drink a lot of water and boost your metabolism (28:28)
- Choose to eat anti-inflammatory foods (30:10)
- Exercise: 30 minutes for 3-4 times a week (30:38)
- Opt for online shopping and avoid crowds (32:30)
- It’s fine if this isn’t the most wonderful time of the year (34:10)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!