Wade Lightheart and Gut Health: The Secret to Building the Body
Optimizing Health By Optimizing Your Gut Microflora
Wade Lightheart Notable Quotes
“The doctor’s role today is to save you from the lifestyle choices that you’ve made to this point. It’s not to tell you how to live your life after…the doctor’s job is not to run your lifestyle.”
– Wade Lightheart
“You can’t supplement your way out of a bad diet or a bad lifestyle.”
– Wade Lightheart
When you see an aesthetically pleasing body, you would think that body is experiencing optimal health. But that’s not always the case. One such example of that is what happened to 3-time Natural Bodybuilding Champion Wade Lightheart, who gained 42 pounds 11 weeks after winning Mr. Universe.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, Wade Lightheart tells us about how he overcame his health issues by building his body from the inside out and focusing on his gut health. He shares how crucial a thriving gut microflora is when it comes to our overall health.
Wade Lightheart Instagram
Bioptimizers – Website | Facebook | Instagram
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Check out Fastic! (00:03)
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Wade Lightheart (01:45)
- Wade Lightheart, body building, and how he got to where he is today (02:52)
- Building the body from the inside out vs. from the outside in (04:15)
- Aesthetics, Performance, and Health (05:25)
- Why and how Wade gained 42 pounds in 11 weeks (06:55)
- Why the gut health is crucial to our overall health and weight (09:10)
- How to get more of the beneficial bacteria and optimize our health (12:58)
- Address the lifestyle issues that led to obesity in the first place (15:00)
- The holobiome and how the human gut microbiome has shifted over time (15:52)
- Our doctors’ role today isn’t to run your lifestyle (19:25)
- 12% of emergency hospital visits in the US are related to gastrointestinal issues (21:15)
- Wade’s thought on intermittent fasting and the ketogenic diet (22:32)
- The association between mental health and the gut microbiome (24:50)
- The results seen from alternate-day intermittent fasting (28:30)
- Wade’s thoughts on plant-based diets, ketogenic diets, and carnivore diets (33:10)
- How good digestion is crucial to getting the most nutrients from the food we eat (40:53)
- Enzymes spell the difference for a lot of things (41:10)
- Hydrochloric acid is the first defense of our gut (43:50)
- The leaky gut syndrome (45:35)
- How epigenetics factors into weight gain (46:25)
- Wade’s anecdote about epigenetics (47:50)
- Where and how to find Wade Lightheart and keep up with what he’s doing (50:30)
- Enzyme Nutrition: The Food Enzyme Concept by Edward Howell
Get it on Barnes and Noble | Walmart | Amazon
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!