What Niching Down Means for Our Health Coaching Practices
Jalene Szuba Notable Quotes
“Just be really aware that you’re not just going to hang your shingle and people are going to start coming to you right away. It takes time to determine what is your niche.”
– Jalene Szuba
“I always use this analogy, think of [niching down] as target practice. If you’re just shooting all over the ring, you’re not hitting the target. So by having a niche, now you create a target for yourself, and it’s really for marketing. Like, as a health coach, I’ll work with anyone…but the niche really allows you to pinpoint your marketing on one specific thing.”
– Jalene Szuba
As health coaches, there’s nothing we want more than to help everyone we can…but that’s not necessarily great for how we market ourselves. Doubling down on our expertise and niching down to find our best clients is the key to setting ourselves apart from other health coaches out there. A great case for this is Jalene Szuba, a board-certified sleep coach.
In this episode of Health Coach Academy, we’re talking to the Founder and CEO of Happiness Anchors, Jalene Szuba to talk about the importance of niching down, as well as why we should consider niching down. She also shares her experience making the transition from a corporate event producer to full-time coach.
Jalene Szuba Contact Number: 773 294 1147
In this Episode of Health Coach Academy
- Omar introduces the episode’s guest, Jalene Szuba (00:58)
- Check out Omar’s Business-Building Podcast Course! (02:17)
- Jalene Szuba: who she is and what she does (03:18)
- Making the transition from a corporate event producer to a board-certified health coach (04:46)
- Jalene Szuba and her experience with entrepreneurship (08:56)
- Jalene Szuba and how she addressed her own money mindset issues (09:45)
- How the way we grew up affects our view on money (14:37)
- Niching down and making money off a specific niche (18:26)
- Niching down is like target practice (21:55)
- How Jalene Szuba gets her sleep clients (24:45)
- Using Loom to create personalized videos as lead magnets (29:19)
- Where to find Jalene Szuba and keep up with her work (31:43)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to iTunes for more episodes!