Weight Loss Made Easy With Intermittent Fasting!
Laurie Lewis Shares the Wonders Intermittent Fasting Did to Her
No Aches, No Pains, Looking Great at Age 58!
Laurie Lewis Notable Quotes
“Each person discovers for themselves what I call your fasting sweet spot. So I don’t think everyone should do the same schedule as I have. Your comfort, your fasting home, your groove, is your own.”
– Laurie Lewis
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for a while, you would know all the wonderful benefits of intermittent fasting not just when it comes to weight loss, but to everything that has to do with optimizing our health. It’s an amazing tool for mitigating (if not completely get rid of) chronic illnesses.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to author and wellness coach Laurie Lewis who is an intermittent fasting success story herself. She’ll be sharing all the wonders that intermittent did for her—58 and no aches, pains, or medications while looking amazing!
Laurie Lewis – Facebook
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Nagina Abdullah’s 5-Day Slimdown for Busy Women Program (00:44)
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Laurie Lewis (01:58)
- Intermittent fasting and why it’s powerful (03:36)
- The hormonal changes at menopause (04:25)
- Fasting and poor food choices (09:56)
- How strictly should you have to follow the fasting hours? (11:33)
- Your fasting sweet spot (13:27)
- Intermittent fasting is a lifestyle change (14:06)
- Why fasting works and why we feel good on it (16:02)
- Breaking the fast and triggering an insulin spike (19:10)
- It’s the flavor that is the culprit (20:38)
- Lemon water and apple cider vinegar in intermittent fasting? (23:07)
- The “starvation” during the eating window (24:36)
- Overcoming the mental noise (25:26)
- Laurie Lewis on weight loss plateau (27:55)
- Understanding body reconfiguration during the plateau (28:53)
- Jump starting with alternate-day fasting (30:26)
- The health benefits of intermittent fasting (31:53)
- Jason Fung, the Diet Doctor (33:28)
- Why separate fasting for fat loss and fasting for autophagy (34:45)
- Dirty fasting and robbing yourself of healing (36:55)
- Where to find Laurie Lewis (37:55)
- Jason Fung
- Feast. Repeat.: The Comprehensive Guide to Delay, Don’t Deny® Intermittent Fasting–Including the 28-Day FAST Start by Gin Stephens
Get it on Barnes and Noble | Walmart | Amazon
- Delay, Don’t Deny by Gin Stephens
Get it on Barnes and Noble | Amazon
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!