Lose Fat by Making Lifestyle Changes
Balance the Six Aspects of Health for Healthy Longevity
Using Genetic Testing to Find Out the Best Diet and Lifestyle
Dr. Chris Mason Notable Quotes
“By and large, high blood pressure, we do it to ourselves. It all comes from the way we live our lives over a number of years, probably a decade, maybe five years, of, for lack of a better way of putting it, abusing our bodies with the way we live, what we put into our bodies.”
– Dr. Chris Mason
“High blood pressure can present by itself without much help from our lifestyle, but those are far few and in between of the kind of high blood pressure conditions we give ourselves through our lifestyles. High blood pressure is a sign that we’re doing something wrong to ourselves and for ourselves.”
– Dr. Chris Mason
The chronic illnesses we see today don’t just randomly appear overnight—these illnesses are a product of the lifestyle we live years and years before they actually manifest. This means the kind of food we eat, the activities we do, and even the relationships we surround ourselves with dictate whether or not we’ll stay illness-free in the future.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to lifestyle and emergency physician Dr. Chris Mason to shed light on some of the lifestyle changes we can make to optimize our health, lose fat, and prevent ever having to deal with chronic illnesses.
Old Mission Lifestyle Medicine – Website | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn | Twitter
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Dr. Chris Mason (00:30)
- Chris Mason, his story, and his journey (02:10)
- High blood pressure is something we do to ourselves (05:37)
- High blood pressure is a sign (06:40)
- The goal of getting people off the medicine (08:29)
- The best lifestyle for optimal health and fat loss (09:14)
- The best exercise program for fat loss (10:20)
- Modified exercises for those with injuries or joint diseases (12:05)
- Modifying diet and nutrition for fat loss (13:15)
- Adding supplementation to help burn fat (14:30)
- Sleep: the underrated aspect of fat loss (15:52)
- Healthy, positive relationships for healthy longevity (17:54)
- Does cardio help with fat loss? (18:55)
- Endurance training messes up our hormones (19:42)
- Utilizing genetic testing to optimize health (22:00)
- The difference between lifestyle medicine and functional medicine (25:43)
- How much “medicine” is there in lifestyle medicine? (26:36)
- Chris Mason’s position on coffee and alcohol (27:58)
- Where to find and keep in touch with Dr. Chris Mason (30:42)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!