Target Specific Medical Conditions with Medical Foods
The Obesity Epidemic, Abundance, and the “Thrifty Gene”
The Difference Between Supplements and Medical Food
Dr. Lawrence May Notable Quotes
“My first admonition to patients is, ‘You don’t eat food from a bag or a box. And if it’s bottled, processed, or packaged, or canned, it should be banned. And if you start off with only eating those things from the trees, the ground, or the animal—and you can do without the animal, if you choose—but food should be unadulterated.’”
– Dr. Lawrence May
Food is medicine in the way that proper nutrition can correct many imbalances in our bodies. And while we’re all familiar with prescription drugs and supplements that aid in correcting imbalances in our bodies, one unique category of FDA-approved products are medical foods.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to Dr. Lawrence May to share more about medical foods—what they are, what they do, and how they can help our bodies correct nutritional deficiencies and specific medical conditions including obesity.
Medical Foods – Website
Targeted Pain – Website | Use Discount Code 20%OFF to get 20% off on products!
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Dr. Lawrence May (01:58)
- Lawrence May: who he is and what he does (02:40)
- Lawrence May’s thoughts on diet and nutrition (05:53)
- Why is the obesity epidemic happening? (07:45)
- What are medical foods and what do they do? (09:46)
- How are medical foods different from supplements? (11:33)
- Inflammation is a fundamental part of all diseases (14:54)
- How medical foods can reduce pain and inflammation (16:42)
- Obesity and the development of the “thrifty gene” (18:57)
- AppTrim® and how it specifically combats obesity (20:07)
- The long-term effects of taking encapsulated medical foods (24:18)
- The difference between encapsulated food versus encapsulated supplements (27:08)
- Medical foods: targeted specifically for each medical condition (29:22)
- Where to find more information about medical foods (35:25)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!