What Do Health Coaches and Yogis Have in Common?
Writer and Yogi Kelly Dinardo Shares Her Career Journey
Merging Passion and Career and Setting Yourself Apart
Kelly Dinardo Notable Quotes
“My job is all people. That’s where I spend my time on. It’s also the part that gives me the greatest frustration and the greatest joy. I’m really happy that I spend my time with people.”
– Kelly Dinardo
Merging your passion and your career may just be the best thing to ever happen in your working life. That said, it’s understandable to have doubts or reservations as to how to get that going, especially if you plan on making your passion your full-time job.
In this episode of Health Coach Academy, we’re talking to writer-turned-yogi-turned-entrepreneur, Kelly Dinardo, to talk about how she went about making her passions her careers and how exactly she set herself apart from others who were doing the same thing she was doing.
Living It Podcast by Kelly Dinardo and Amy Pearce-Hayden
Living the Sutras: A Guide to Yoga Wisdom Beyond the Mat by Kelly Dinardo and Amy Pearce-Hayden
In this Episode of Health Coach Academy
- Omar introduces the episode’s guest, Kelly Dinardo (02:15)
- Kelly Dinardo: who she is and what she does (03:52)
- Branding and separating yourself as a health coach in your field (04:58)
- A tip to discovering your why (08:20)
- The turning point where merging passion and career felt possible (10:50)
- Has Kelly Dinardo always been good at business? (14:12)
- Expectations vs. reality (15:30)
- Marketing and getting the word out (17:08)
- Handling rejections and things that don’t work (19:35)
- Kelly Dinardo’s writing experience and what it did for her brand (21:20)
- Kelly Dinardo never really considered herself as a brand (24:28)
- Kelly’s book: Living the Sutras (26:58)
- Kelly’s helpful resources (30:00)
- Where to find and keep up with Kelly Dinardo (33:00)
- Radically Loved Podcast by Rosie Acosta
- 10% Happier by ABC
- Yogaland Podcast by Andrea Ferretti and Jason Crandell
- The Ultimate Health Podcast by Jesse Chappus and Marni Wasserman
- And She Spoke Podcast by Jeni and Sandy
- Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel
- Waking: A Memoir of Trauma and Transcendence by Matthew Sanford
Get it on Barnes and Noble | Amazon
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to iTunes for more episodes!