The Diet Industry Doesn’t Lie…Or Do They?
Losing Weight by Breaking the Weight Loss Myths
Rebel Medicine Founder Maleen Avery and Anna Paulich Share How They Lost the Weight
“It’s mind-blowing to see the diseases we thought were irreversible, that were chronic and progressive, were preventable and completely reversible, and you can do it very simply by changing what you’re putting into your mouth.”
– Maleen Avery
“There’s really nothing wrong with eating your own belly fat for breakfast. I tell my patients, ‘When you’re fasting, you’re snacking on that belly fat, so go for it.’”
– Maleen Avery
If you’re someone who has been trying to lose weight for years, then there’s a good chance that you’ve come across tons and tons of diets, supplements, and exercise regimes to shed off the pounds. Don’t forget the classic, “Eat less, move more,” from the doctors, too. But anyone who has been through this would know that none of those work.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to weight loss physician Maleen Avery and nutritionist-dietician Anna Paulich, founders of Rebel Medicine, to break through the never-ending myths of weight loss to actually lose the weight.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Maleen Avery and Anna Paulich (01:20)
- Maleen Avery and Anna Paulich coming together to tackle the issue of obesity (02:55)
- Going outside traditional medicine to lose weight (04:17)
- Nutrition in medical school (05:34)
- Chronic and irreversible illnesses are preventable and reversible (07:35)
- Their approach to losing weight (07:53)
- Two main contributors to weight gain (08:22)
- The struggle to change the mindset (08:58)
- What Maleen and Anna did to drop a combined weight of 100lbs. (10:57)
- Learning about the lifestyle changes after finishing school (13:35)
- Being given the option to reverse type II diabetes (15:44)
- Anna Paulich’s role in the business (18:20)
- The importance of having a coach in the weight loss journey (18:50)
- Running lab tests to identify health issues (20:25)
- What is low-carb eating? (21:48)
- The role that exercise plays in weight loss (23:45)
- The effects of protein on weight loss (26:37)
- Increasing protein intake with age (28:13)
- Tips and tricks on how to reduce cortisol (29:14)
- Is breakfast the most important meal of the day? (32:24)
- Where to find and keep in touch with Maleen Avery and Anna Paulich (33:44)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!