Why is Drew Manning Gaining Weight Again?
Drew Manning Notable Quotes
“You are not your body. You are not your six-pack. You are not your love handles. That’s one piece of you, but that does not define you… You have more to offer this world than your looks.”
– Drew Manning
“The biggest surprise was how [the experiment] affected me mentally and emotionally…transformation is way more mental and emotional than we think. Yes, it’s about eating less calories, working out, and getting skinny, but if it were just that simple, everyone would do it.”
– Drew Manning
“The main reason for doing this again is ever since that first experiment, when I’ve developed empathy for those who struggle, I’ve wanted to bring empathy to the fitness industry, because the fitness industry can be very judgmental.”
– Drew Manning
Health coaches and personal trainers may find it baffling how some people have such a hard time losing weight. Drew Manning used to be one of those people—it was never hard for him to keep himself fit. One day, he decided to go on a weight gain then weight loss journey to understand what his clients were going through, and suffice to say, that experience taught him a lot.
Now that he’s hit 40 years, he’s doing it again.
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Drew Manning (00:50)
- Drew Manning, his journeys, and Fit2Fat2Fit (03:20)
- Finding out what was missing by gaining weight on purpose (04:53)
- Fit2Fat2Fit and what Drew ate to gain those 70lbs. (06:50)
- What happened to Drew’s body during his weight gain period (08:20)
- Transformation is way more mental and emotional than it is physical (11:02)
- The withdrawals and the hardest thing to stop eating after gaining weight (11:52)
- Drew Manning and the Fit2Fat2Forty experiment (14:00)
- Wanting to bring empathy to the fitness industry (15:08)
- Weight loss journey at 40 and leading from the back (16:32)
- The downward spiral of Drew’s health during the experiment and the turnaround (18:06)
- The weight loss program: nutrition, sleep, stress management (20:35)
- The diets Drew will go on in his back to fit journey (23:12)
- Unlearning and undefining yourself with your body (25:00)
- You have more to offer this world than your looks (25:35)
- The fun part about gaining weight (26:46)
- Considering cheat days (28:35)
- The baseline diet after getting healthy again: higher protein keto diet (29:41)
- What Drew’s optimal workout routine looks like (31:07)
- Considering maintaining the heavy weight for a while (33:45)
- How to keep in touch with Drew Manning’s journey (36:52)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!
Listen to the Episode Here!