Your Health is an Investment with Tricia Silverman!
Health and Wellness: An Investment with Great Payback!
Leverage Longevity by Choosing Health Today
Tricia Silverman Notable Quotes
“And I want to keep people out of nursing homes and out of long-term care facilities as they age. I want all of us to just be dancing and doing yoga and driving when we’re in our 90’s, really enjoying life.”
– Tricia Silverman
“If you invest in health and healthy habits, you’ll get the dividends, you’ll get that payback of investment of living a longer, stronger life.”
– Tricia Silverman
When we think about health, we usually think about its nearer-term effects—say, the changes that we can see in a couple of weeks to a couple of months’ time. Be that as it may, when we decide on a lifestyle change to become healthier, we’re actually gearing ourselves up for a healthier future as well. And that’s what Tricia Silverman talks about.
In this episode of This Podcast Burns Fat, we’re talking to author, speaker, registered dietician, and health coach, Tricia Silverman, to share about longevity and how we can reframe our view of health and wellness as investments to gain a ton of payback from as we grow older.
Healthy Dividends: Investments in Nutrition, Movement, and Fitness that Pay Off by Tricia Silverman
In this Episode of This Podcast Burns Fat!
- Omar and Lori introduce the episode’s guest, Tricia Silverman (01:50)
- Longevity and healthy cultures with good longevity (03:06)
- Health and wellness as an investment (05:45)
- Tricia Silverman’s book, Healthy Dividends (06:25)
- A key in longevity: reducing inflammation (07:24)
- Look at movement through a different lens (10:52)
- Food additives: which ones we should avoid and why (12:14)
- Carmine (13:22)
- Gellan gum and xanthan gum (14:40)
- Artificial sugars (16:33)
- Tricia Silverman’s top tips to lose weight (17:33)
- Setting visions and personalizing journeys (19:10)
- Eating in calorie ranges (21:10)
- Making sure you’re happy with energizers (21:55)
- Navigating viewing food as energizers (23:07)
- Eating healthier as we eat in restaurants (25:48)
- The issue of glyphosates (29:13)
- Aiming for weight loss? Watch your grain portions (31:43)
- Tricia Silverman’s recommendation for reducing cravings (33:02)
- Where to catch Tricia Silverman (36:40)
Don’t forget to check out!
The Art of Sugar-free Cooking: Recipes for Healthy Living by Omar Cumberbatch
Enjoyed this podcast? Picked up a lot of helpful tips and tricks to make your weight loss journey more fun and enjoyable? Hop on to Libsyn for more episodes!